Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kelly Clarkson Blender

Kelly Clarkson is on the cover of the April 2009 of Blender magazine. Here are some great highlights from the interview:

On peeing in the shower: “Anybody who says they don’t is lying.”

On taking pleasure in walking around naked: “I’m the kinda person who just doesn’t like clothes.”

On blowing her nose and then checking the tissue to see what color the snot is: “I mean, if you have a cold, you have to check, to see how sick you are.”

On the essence of her appeal: “The thing with me, and my audience in particular is, people look at me like a sister or a daughter. It’s not like people look at me as unattainable, some kind of star like that. People love the ‘real’ factor that’s involved, I think.”

On being an open book and willing to “talk about anything”: “I do not lie. Ever. I will tell my girlfriend if she looks fat in her jeans… When you don’t make yourself clear or heard, that’s where trouble starts. And that’s something I learned as a child. No one is going to know what you feel unless you tell them.”

No comments: