Friday, October 31, 2008
The 27-year-old British actor recently got a dance lesson from Justin Timberlake! “I am not the greatest dancer,” Ben revealed while promoting his upcoming feature, Easy Virtue. “And as you know, Jessica [Biel] is dating Justin Timberlake. And he can move. So Justin comes to the set on the day we are filming the big dance scene with Jessica. Seeing me make a pig’s ear of it, he steps forward and shows me how it goes. I mean how cool is that a dance lesson from the king of pop?”
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Q: I might be reading into this a little bit, but is there anything at all going on between Blair and Serena on Gossip Girl, chemistry-wise? The two of them just seem much too touchy and flirty than best friends normally are ...
A: You aren't the only one! We've received many emails regarding this rumor, and a reliable source who works on the show says, "That's insane. No, we're not planning anything like that." Is it really so insane, though? I'm pretty sure the Gossip Girl book series ended with Serena and Blair kissing each other on the lips and murmuring, "You know you love me." Gulp. Regardless, I'm told that Serena's brother Eric is the only one with any same-sex happenings in the works for a good long while. In the meantime, Blair and Serena will be getting some action in future episodes, courtesy of the Basshole and Serena's new love interest, artist Aaron Rose (John Patrick Amedori), respectively.
Q: I cannot get enough of Gossip Girl this year. Anything new?
A: I hear Lily van der Woodsen has a deep, dark secret that is already in the works for next year, and it is going to have major repercussions. Guesses?
Monday, October 27, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
After each new Gossip Girl episode it is analyzed by New York Magazine and assigned scores according to an awesome Reality Index. Below are highlights (some realistic, some far from it), from the publication's comprehensive breakdown of last night's episode, "Chuck In Real Life"
- When Rufus goes to put on Music, he says, "I'm thinking Wham," as he looks right at Nate's bangs. Coincidence? We think not. Plus 3.
- Since when is Vanessa allowed to wear something strapless and shiny? Minus 1. Also, she's too poor to afford that necklace. Minus 1 again.
- Serena goes out with the ladies to "1Oak and Bijoux." Plus 3.
- We know they wanted us to look this up, so we did. Lauren Goldenberg, the slut who gave all the boys on the soccer team mono, is Gossip Girl's script coordinator. Hiiiii Lauren. Plus 1 because it's kind of sweet and familial how they do that, which is on-theme.
- Gossip Girl's homepage at the start of the episode wonders whether Chuck Bass is "the new LonelyBoy." No, no, no. Minus 1.
- Would Blair really keep saying "crush her" like that? Actually, yeah. Plus 1.
- Nate living by himself in the mansion with nobody knowing would never happen. Page Six would have been all over the house getting repossessed, and even Nate isn't dumb enough to just like leave the "seized" sign up. Minus 2.
- Eric's boyfriend is cute but not ridiculously cute, which is just so perfect. Plus 2 because the sweet guy is always the one you date second.
- Dan tries out for soccer? Uh, what? Everybody knows senior year is way too late to try a new sport. Minus 2. Besides, Nate would totally play lacrosse, duh. Minus only 1, because at least now every gay man in the world can incorporate Chace Crawford into their requisite soccer-player fantasy.
- Dan's heart-to-heart with Serena is so dead-on, from when she drops the hint that "the person who she'd most like to talk to, she can't anymore" to Dan's reply - an adolescent-sage take on Lily: "You ever think your mom acts like she's perfect because she's too far from it to acknowledge that she's not?" And then of course Serena is like, gee, I never even thought of that! You're so smart. And then Dan shrugs, like, yeah, I'm a writer, you know. Plus 3.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
If you are looking for a more playful pair of sunglasses check out these Hard Candy Heart sunnies. Even though they seem light they are sun protection approved. They come in bubble gum, licorice, peppermint and cherry. Stars such as Madonna, and Kelly Osbourne have been seen wearing them. So head over to FredFlare.com and get your pair of 11 sunglasses.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Below are some of the highlights (some realistic, some very far from it), from the publication's analysis of this week's episode, "New Haven Can Wait" ...
- Can we just say that Jenny, is SO genius at adolescent sulk? Possibly that is because she is actually 15, but still. Plus 1.
- Even Serena knows better than to wear a skanky-ass top like that to a college interview. Not that we're complaining personally. Minus 2.
- Lily appears in Page Six as Serena's "unidentified friend." Page Six would definitely know who Lily Bass is, but they'd also definitely try to block out any reminder of the fact that the hot eye candy they're featuring is underage. Plus 2.
- Blair's meltdown in front of the director of admissions? She's too composed and clever for that. But we totally would have. So only Minus 3.
- Blair calls Brown "an enclave of trustafarians and children of celebrities" who "major in drum circles and semiotics, whatever that is." Ha! So true. She also spits out stereotypical private-school phrases, like "Everyone knows that the only real Ivies are the holy trinity: Harvard, Yale, and Princeton." Plus 3.
- This deserves a separate point. Serena is a terrible student. The show talks about this incessantly. Far more famous kids want to go to Ivy League schools. They wouldn't be so gaga over her, no matter how shiny her hair is. Minus 3.
- Also, bonus for undermining "knowledge is power" for a generation of 'tweens. Power is tits and hair extensions, kids. Live it. Plus 1.
- Why is Vanessa the boss of Rufus? Jenny should have had the sh!t grounded out of her after last episode, don't you think? Minus 3.
- Thank God at least Nate wants to go to USC. What, did Yale suddenly become the only school in America? Plus 2.
- Where did Chuck get hookers in New Haven? Minus 5. And since when are there that many straight guys in a room at Yale? Minus 5.